Qtum core updates normally consist of Qtum Improvement Protocols. These QIPs are generated by both our developers and the community and in some cases requests from enterprise users. Our developers evaluate the impact of each QIP and work on high priority QIPs. All bug fixes and feature enhancements that have been issued to the core project will be listed here.
Qtum v0.18.1 Released:
v0.18.1 – Hard Fork Mandatory Update before block 466600 (446320 in testnet) – New features and bug fixes
- QIP-5 implemented: Add OP_SENDER opcode.
- QIP-6 implemented: Add btc_ecrecover precompiled contract.
- QIP-7 implemented: Upgrade the EVM to constantinople.
- QIP-9 implemented: Change difficulty adjustment algorithm.
- Bump minimum protocol version to 70017 (active after the HF).
- Increase the minimum target limit of pos difficulty (active after the HF).
- Add support for OP_SENDER in createcontract and sendtocontract (active after the HF).
- Fix for changing the gas schedule when a node is run using -dgpstorage (active after the HF).
- Add advanced Qt wallet restore options.
- Fix gitian build for the new dependencies.
- Fix path string conversion for wallet backup in Windows.
- Restore pid name from qtum.pid to qtumd.pid
- Make regtest detection independent from fPoSNoRetargeting.
- Fix a typo in linearize script example config file.
- Fix a bug that could cause inconsistencies in execution results in some edge cases.
- Add python tests to cover the new features.
- Add recent checkpoints.
- Update nMinimumChainWork, defaultAssumeValid and chainTxData.
- Fix Qt wallet requesting access to contacts and calendar when picking data directory in OSX.
Qtum x86 Virtual Machine
The Qtum X86 Virtual Machine is a smart contract operating software that is designed to enable easily deployable decentralized applications. Currently, you can write smart contracts in C, there will be additional languages as we proceed with x86 development.
Enterprise version -- Unita
The enterprise version of Qtum, featuring high TPS (Transactions Per Second) and short confirmation time for blocks. Unita also features easy end-user customization per specific business chain requirements.
Qtum Explorer & Wallets
The Qtum Explorer is our blockchain explorer that is used for viewing transaction details on the Qtum blockchain. The primary blockchain explorer site is qtum.info. We frequently release updates to both explorer and the web wallet sites. Additionally, you’ll find information regarding the official Qtum Electrum wallet and support/feature updates to hardware wallets or other interesting services/products
- Port all old explorer apis
- Add some translations for recover dialog
- Beta release for internal testing
- Test on Mainnet
- Add QTUM transfer minimum amount
- Test edge cases on hardfork chain;
- Fix unstabble test cases.